POSITION AVAILABLE: MARKETING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship (ERBF) is part of the BC Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and adheres to the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches’ Confession of Faith. We seek to show Love through visible deeds of kindness, share Hope through the proclamation of the good news of Christ, and strengthen Faith through the building up of Christ followers.
ERBF is actively recruiting for an individual to fill the role of Part-time MARKETING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT. The individual will be required to thrive in a multi-faceted role, and communicate with a diverse community of stakeholders in a diplomatic and professional manner. The role is 2 half days, 8 – 10 hours per week with some admin tasks shared. Work is on-site, with minimal contact, following Covid-19 protocols
Reporting to the Lead Pastor and in accordance with the Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship (ERBF) Statement of Faith, governing policies, and in harmony with other church ministries, the Marketing Administrative Assistant plays a key role in executing on-line communications, as well as being the first point of contact, and supporting administrative functions.
The person in this role will
- Create and maintain online communications including choosing appropriate images.
- Write copy for the church website and weekly newsletter.
- Update and maintain social media (Facebook and Instagram) including posts and images; and respond to comments in a timely fashion.
- Distribute the weekly newsletter per regular schedule.
- Serve as first point of contact for phone, email, and occasional in-person queries.
- Complete bank deposits twice per month.
- Interact collaboratively with Pastoral Staff and the Administrative Assistant.
Skills & Abilities
- A servant leadership mindset.
- Excellent mastery of the English language, both written and verbal, to communicate via social media, email and phone.
- Proficient in MS Office, with ability to type minimum 45 wpm.
- Experience writing good online copy for websites, newsletters and social media (i.e. previous experience writing to a personal or professional blog or social media site) including choosing images.
- Experience posting to Facebook and Instagram, able to maintain updates and images, and respond to comments in a timely fashion.
- Comfortable with online newsletter distribution, some understanding of layouts and URL’s.
- Comfortable answering phones and writing email communications.
- Quick study; creative and motivated self-starter; confidence to take direction and work independently.
- Strong attention to detail to deliver work accurately.
- Ability to work with interruptions, prioritize time, and meet weekly deadlines.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by Dec. 31, 2020 to:
Lisa Stephen, Personnel Committee firstname.lastname@example.org